Best tasting pre made protein shakes?

sunnidayrain
on 11/2/09 11:29 pm - TX
I so far have only had the protein shake mixes. I was wanting to be more conveinient in hopes I would drink them more. 
  Can you tell me in your opinions what are the best tasting pre made protein shakes? and where do you buy them? What do they taste like?   
   A long time ago I used to do the slim fast pre made drinks.. Is it like that?  those werent too bad. I tried some thing  chocolate at the hospital but it was horrible bitter bleh  and I couldnt drink it.

Thanks.

Ami

Adoptive mom to 3 children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders     
505dardar
on 11/2/09 11:35 pm - albuquerque, NM
Hi Ami,  I buy my premade shakes at costco.  They are called Premier Nutrition.  30 G. of protein and 5 G. of carbs.  I like the chocolate the best.  They come in choc. and vanilla.  Good luck on your search.   Darlene
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 2:53 am
I second this one....fairly inexpensive for pre-made--i think it's $26 for 24 shakes...and I think they taste like chocolate milk (my kids even like them).  Definitely drink cold, however and shake before drinking.
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 7:01 am - Woodbridge, VA
I, umm, third this! My Costco only carries the pre-made in chocolate, but I like them more than any other pre-made shake I've tried.
Steph anie
on 11/2/09 11:36 pm - Denton, TX
Ami,

I like the Atkins Chocolate Royale for pre-made shakes. They have the added benefit of being low-carb and higher fat as well. I used to drink them on ice or put them in the freezer to get them slushy. The Atkins shakes taste a lot better COLD.

HW 318/ SW 308/ CW 116/ GW 125 (updated 11/11/09)

Follow my journey at:  http://savoringmyjourney.wordpress.com/

Get all the facts at www.DSfacts.com.  

Century Club 03/27/09    Onderland 04/15/09 Goal Met: 02/26/10

k9ophile
on 11/3/09 12:39 am
What tastes good to me might not taste good to you.   For example, I've heard raves about Muscle Milk.  Blech!  Way too sweet for me.  Try to find a place that sells them in singles instead of a four pack. After you've had some sample tastes, you'll know which ones taste "best". Don't forget to read the label for protein and carb counts.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

unique0731
on 11/3/09 12:52 am

I like the slimfast low carb I get them at Sam's Club

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7jEg6L/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7jEg6L/blk-weight.png">>

schnookielumps
on 11/3/09 1:03 am - Canada
Hi Ami,

I like "Pure Pro" chocolate --- it's expensive but it helped me out.  I'm lactose intolerant and they were fine even though they had skim milk. 
Emilie J.
on 11/3/09 2:31 am
If I hold my nose and gulp, I can do muscle milk. Even holding my nose and gulping, I cannot do the ready made nectar drinks. That's just my experience though.
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
Leslie
on 11/3/09 2:37 am
I raely drink protein shakes, but when I do, it's only chocolate Champion Nutrition Whey protein shakes. That sounds like a commercial!! lol But seriously it does taste really good, like chocolate milk!

4 Years Post Op: At Goal And STILL Loving My DS!  
340/180/180  ~  5'11"  ~   I lost 160 lbs!!  
LBL & Hernia Repair: Done! Arm Lift: Done! Next Up: Thighs & Boobs!
Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at
DSFacts.com